Monday, June 8, 2009




Outline for this week: Four Exterior Concept Paintings. 

It was going to be five, but the above image took longer than anticipated. Which means I need to find a way to work faster in a manner that serves the painting if I'm going to successfully crank out another four pieces amongst various comic pages. The above is fine. I'm happy with the colours, composition and mood, but it would please me more if I could master the art of suggestive and expressive brushstrokes. Oh well, one down, three more to go...

2 comments:

  1. Wow thats gorgeous.

    How long did it take altogether?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Stephen! Urrgh.. it took like a day and a half which is abysmal :-/ But a significant amount of that time WAS devoted to procrastination and entertaining a change in career path lol.

    ReplyDelete